Tuesday 16 August 2011

Diesel windows, Sunday I wore, TK Maxx boots

I walked into Manchester city centre to visit Hey Little Cupcake (yum - I had an apple mojito) and also to see how the city's retailers were faring. The good news is town was packed with people carrying large and full shopping bags. Great to see people have not been put off spending as a result of the riots; perhaps even encouraged to shop more, to support the retailers!

I happened to pass Diesel on the corner of King Street.





I love that they've made the most of a bad situation! You'll find many boarded up windows around Manchester at the moment, but none as interesting as this. Well done! Maybe parts of these could be kept in-store as some sort of memorial, or a window display made with them when the glass is replaced.

Here's what I wore on Sunday.


This skirt is my best bargain of all time. It cost 50p from a charity shop. Yes, 50p! Initially I bought it for the fabric but it's become one of my wardrobe staples. Worn with t-shirt, cardigan and bag from H&M via charity shop, plus my orange Topshop shoes. I'm always trying to find new ways for orange to work with other colours; this time taking a block colour worn with neutral basics and orange accessories.

I popped into TK Maxx to look at their Gold Label line. I found a £999 acid yellow Versace dress, a £495 Chloe handbag, and a stand full of Philosophy di Alberta Ferreti shoes. 


These boots were my favourite find! At £99, they were still too expensive for me, but I hope somebody gives these bottle-green 1970s style boots a really good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.