Thursday 13 October 2011

Hobbs 30th Birthday Party

Remember the cute window cling from a couple of weeks ago, advertising a 30th birthday? Yes, yes, I couldn't remember whose window it was. After attending their 30th birthday party last night, I now know it was Hobbs!


My friend Becca and I were treated by the lovely Hobbs staff to an evening consisting of an autumn/winter 2011 style presentation, the chance to privately shop the collection, and, most importantly perhaps, a few glasses of bubbly.

The trend presentation focused mainly on smart, chic outfits for work, that can also be dressed down with jeans for the weekend, or with a sparkly dress for cocktails. The first is made of camel hair, and I would love to wear the skirt with a polka dot blouse or 1960s style sweater, plus some pointy, Prada-style court shoes.





Hobbs are particularly proud of their coats, and although these pieces are currently bang on trend, they will be a go-to for years to come. The first is a camel-hair crombie. I'd wear this with leopard print creepers and my bowler hat!



Leopard print is no longer a trend, we were informed, but is a "staple". That is just fine with me.


Love this shirt dress with unusual people print, in this season's colours of camel, navy and red. (Apologies for the NW3 signs over the glam assistant's face - she requested I don't show her gorgeous mug!)



After the presentation, Becca and I had a little style-off. Even the changing rooms are synonymous with the Hobbs branding, with luxurious fixtures, and quirky striped curtains.

I feel Becca (on the right) wins this round - the clashing prints make this a kooky look, but it works as the prints are subtle, and have the common colour of grey running through. I loved both of the pieces of my outfit, especially the super pussy-bow blouse version of the dress featured above, and would be a great alternative to suiting for work.




I don't think this is something Becca would normally wear - hence the slightly awkward stance! - but I think she looks amazing in it, and needs to get herself a wrap dress, stat. The print on this one is the perfect leopard, and, as you can see, the cut is incredibly flattering.



Love this Paddington-style NW3 coat!




Big thanks to the incredibly friendly and welcoming Hobbs team, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Make sure you take a trip to the store on New Cathedral Street, Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.