Monday 31 October 2011

A Hairy Tale

Generally, I'm not a fan of going to the hairdressers. I'm uncomfortable with having my hair washed and scalp massaged by a stranger, the small talk about holidays is awkward, and, usually, despite having parted with a large lump of cash, you're not 100% happy with the outcome, either. I've recently been having my hair cut by my barber friend Steve, and the whole process is very wham, bam, thank you mam, which suits me perfectly. I do decide to change my cut and parting on a monthly basis, which means my hair has a load of random layers and lengths - this was my hair this morning, just to prove that point:


So, when I was asked by Jonny of Trevor Sorbie last week to be a hair model, I was initially a little nervous. A free haircut, you say? What's the catch? Am I going to leave bald, or maybe with some random pixie cut? 

Turns out my fears were totally unfounded. Jonny has seven years of hairdressing experience, but has recently been employed by Trevor Sorbie, and needs to give a haircut to ten models a day for six weeks to pass the trial period. TEN a day! I think my arms would have fallen off by number three. 

The whole experience was fantastic and totally chilled. After a quick consultation and a hair wash, my hair was chopped into pretty much the most perfect cut I've ever had. My layers are luxe, the length lovely, and even my colour looks more cracking than before! The banter flowed and there were absolutely no awkward conversations about holidays or whether I'd watched Corrie that week. I'd definitely recommend Jonny, and I am going to save up and make the visit every couple of months. The anti-hairdresser has been converted!

If you'd like a haircut at Trevor Sorbie in Manchester (for free, with no catch at all, I promise!) drop me a comment with your email address and I'll send over the number.

Much better, no?!

Today's lazy outfit consisted of a H&M knit, charity shop blouse, Zara skirt, Asos monk creepers, and my dad's paisley tie. 


I've gotten into rings in a big way lately, and these are two of my newest purchases: tribal ring from Primark, froggie ring from Topshop. Dalmatian nails courtesy of my shaky hands!


I have a preeeetty exciting competition coming up tomorrow, so stay tuned if you'd like something lovely to wear this party season. Until then, here's a gratuitous picture of a cat; hasn't he grown?!





1 comment:

  1. LOVE you new hair!!!! :D
    xxxx

    britishbirdie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.