Wednesday 6 February 2013

SMALL LEEK, BIG SHIP

Photobucket

When hearing of a North West bloggers' meet I excitedly agreed to attend despite not knowing exactly (read: vaguely) where it was being held, naïvely thinking that Manchester is half an hour tops away from everywhere in the North West. I even set off driving on Sunday, still completely unaware where I was going, blindly following road signs to take me to my destination. An hour and a quarter later I was in Leek; slightly bewildered at how far I'd come, but pleasantly surprised to find that bloggers had travelled from all over the North of England to make A Girl I Know's blogger meet.

The meet-up was held at cute cafe Spout, whose delicious (and bountiful) afternoon tea went down a storm for all bloggers. Cue furious photographing of cakes and Instagramming of fingers sandwichers.. bloggers gon' blog. I got to see blogger pal Hello, Terri Lowe, meet long time favourite reads Sara Waiste and Vicky of #GOLLYGOSH, plus added a new fave to my list in Charl from Ginger Girl Says. I loved seeing designer Jessica Shaw's new riot-grrl-esque collection, who I heard is due to start selling her pieces on ASOS Marketplace soon. Put me down for a glittery pom-pom crop top, please!

Sara and I left a few minutes early with the intention of hitting Dougal's Den to buy cat presents.. it was sadly closed but offered the opportunity of photographing an impressive window display: a labour of love if I ever did see one. Or should that be a labour of woof?

I wore:
Beyond Retro elephant knit
H&M sample dungarees
Topshop jacket
Wildfox bag (serious Selfridges sale bargain) & sunglasses via Self Service
Betty Jackson.Black necklace c/o Jon Richard

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
No present sorry but still woof you, Hen... where does the cat end and jacket begin?

19 comments:

  1. ♥ your coat! and the pom pom tops - Oh my word they are very cute
    Ruth - Room31.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you cutie , love the heffalumps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever feel the need to rid yourself of those dungarees, I want! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked like loads of fun, your dungarees are insania too <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiyaaaaa!!! Why have I never seen this pet shop~?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dungas! Sounds like you had a fab time, I really want to get my hands on that pink crop top too it's gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a lovely outfit !
    And i love your coat !! would love to attend next blogger meet up as well :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey, that elephant jumper is the best jumper I've ever seen...beautifully bonkers and so 70s :)
    I really like the pom-pom top too.
    Awe what a beautiful kitteh...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loveeee the dungarees! Sounds like you had such a lovely time, must be so great to be able to decide to just drive to a random place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of your dungarees! I have been lusting after some but alas I know my bust will just make them look like questionable maternity wear... Dammit! Looks like a lovely time, despite the drive! Who knew the north west existed outside Manchester and Liverpool!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you just hit the road without actually known how far away Leek actually was! Thanks for coming over though. Was nice to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the day. Speak soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that elephant knit, so cute!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, the cat was so cute and the fur coat was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, love this jumper! That's so sweet you got to hang out but one important question, why wasn't Jade there!? Maybe it was a good thing, I can imagine her fighting you for those dungarees ;)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAMEO ON THE BLOG! haha was so lovely to meet you! I'm writing this wearing the fluffy jumper and I had a bath with the amazing lush bomb yesterday, so good. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN. very jealous of those dungarees and jumper too. I wish I had taken ANY pics of the meet-I need to do a post about it! Let me know when you're around for fashion week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks exciting! That pink top is out of the world glamorous<3

    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! and your elephant jumper :)xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.