Monday, 6 August 2012

CAR BOOTY

Photobucket
There is not much that will get me out of bed before midday on a Sunday, but a car boot is definitely one of them. Make that the biggest car boot in the UK and I'm sold.

I often say that my parents dragged me up on a diet of boot sales and antiques fairs, which is probably why I'm such a hoarder even today, but although Manchester may have many things - even a beach - what it is severely lacking in is opportunities to rummage through bargains. Even our charity shops are classed as vintage!

So there was no way I could resist waking up my (very grumpy) boyfriend early yesterday to root through a load of old junk at the Real Radio car boot sale. One man's trash is another man's treasure, as they say. I didn't score big but for the grand total of £5.60 I got a fringed jacket - not totally unlike the recent Topshop ombré one - a pair of 1970s sunglasses, a lovely slice of agate (I smell a DIY!) and a sequinned table runner that will look just peachy in my new bohemian-style flat.

Speaking of which, I am moving in on Tuesday (just two floors up in my current building to a bigger flat - so not exactly a big move) and am expecting the internet will take a few days to be installed. I've scheduled a few posts to run in that time, and I look forward to catching up with comments, blogs, and fashion news when I am back in internet-land!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PS. Don't yellow shoes make you really, really happy? They do me!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress on you, its looks so fab!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow colour! I desperately need to have a car boot sale but I will probably come back with more stuff then I went with!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to see you pick up some amazing bargains. Sadly for me I was unable to a browse... but still had a great day. Thank you so much for coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous outfit! loveee your style. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh i love a bit of fringing! so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just girl crushing!! ALL over! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.