Sunday 21 April 2013

DRESSING DOWN

 photo IMG_7641_zps025c2ef7.jpg

Ever wondered what I wear to dress down, to run errands and the like? No? Well, just humour me then... I don't always wear 5-inch flatforms and rainbows of colours, as much as I would like to. I do sometimes just dress down, and this outfit is just something I'd wear to uni or to pop to the supermarket; this particular look was for a day off work, picking up our weekly shop and visiting the hospital.

I'd seen Minkpink bags on Market HQ (such an amazing store.. shame it's in Auz) but didn't know they were sold in the UK - so you can imagine my excitement when I found out they were being stocked at Eternal Envy, just down the road from me. Cue the biggest, baddest of the collection quickly coming into my possession. The patchwork reminds me of bags my nana had in the 1980s, with added fringing, which I'd have on every accessory if I had my way. Along with my pastel tie-dyed Evil Twin tee, light furry jacket, and skinny pleather trousers this is my kind of dressing down.

I look so tired and pale in these photos.. a rest is needed but the end of the university year is in sight, plus Chris and I have started talking about holidays. A horizontal week in the sun has never been more necessary!

I'm wearing:
Minkpink jacket
Oasis trousers
Waiste beanie
Dr Martens shoes

 photo IMG_7587_zps54974d52.jpg
 photo IMG_7620_zpsf0a197d5.jpg
 photo IMG_7595_zps5f2f49f3.jpg
 photo IMG_7602_zps2bda4afd.jpg
 photo IMG_7586_zps0a520b98.jpg
 photo IMG_7636_zps850df76b.jpg

17 comments:

  1. you are just the coolest bean. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nana had those bags in the 80s too. You look super cool when you're doing casual, I just look like a scrubber haha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is amazing, got to say I have a soft spot for your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like you should be WAISTE official Manchester promoter! I can send you things and you can wear them around Manc and spread the WAISTE word and stuff.... AND PLEASE STOP MAKING ME WANT MORE SHOES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh you look amazing, I love your bag so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your style, the beanie is amazing and so is your hair! Following xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. just my kinda dressing down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool outfit and shirt - you've got sick pink hair!

    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is an absolute BEAUT, totally bookmarked that site for when I have money. The last image is amazing! I need to learn to walk in 5 inch flatforms...

    Tara
    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love your look, the little jacket is awesome, and your hair?! In love! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous coat.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even dressed down you look amazing! Ooh holiday talk is always exciting...if I go anywhere it'll probably only be to Ireland, so not so sunny haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you look amazing, this outfit is so nice! Dressed down your still looking dapper! And those shoess.... they are insannnneeee love them! Just stumbled across your blog and love it and your style :D

    Would love it if you could check out my Fashion and Lifestyle blog :D

    Love from a new follower xoxo

    http://stylecrescent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey! just stumbled across your blog and I am loving it :) im in love with your yellow dm's and minkpink hangbag! lotta love ~ newwst follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.