Sunday 24 June 2012

FASHION IN A FIELD

Hello!
Photobucket


We have arrived at the time of year, dear reader, where you may decide to pitch a tent in a muddy field, drink beer, and dance like a loon. Many happy memories will be made at this time - dependent on the amount of beer consumed, of course. Sadly, I fear my days of festival-going are over, until I can stay in a luxury hotel for the course of the festival, being ferried to and fro each morning, freshly showered. The majority of festival fashion blog posts are not quite as realistic as Hello, Terri Lowe: whilst in my hotel-staying fantasy I could wear practically whatever I want, Terri cites a kagoule and wellingtons as your most important items to bring along to your festival outing.

I, however, am immersed within this luxurious festival fantasy, and my ideal festival kit is slightly more ridiculous. Keep your muddy mitts off my Versace! Don't let your wellies near my Wildfox! The tee is quite apt as Woodstock would have been my ideal festival to visit: three days of peace and music is right up my street.


WIN A FESTIVAL ESSENTIALS PACK WITH DANIEL FOOTWEAR AND GLITZ & GRIME
(Hunter wellies are available from Daniel Footwear, and the very fabulous Sheree is currently giving away a pair at Glitz & Grime)


But worry not, readers, I haven't always had such delusions of grandeur. I've been to many different festivals over the years - my first Leeds festival I spent entirely in a t-shirt and shorts, and at Gatecrasher in 2008 I wore about three coats and tracky bottoms all weekend due to the horrendous weather. Funnily enough the best festival experience I've ever had was when my little home town of Northwich held Whatfest in 2009.  The only band of note playing were Dodgy, but that didn't matter - because all of my friends were there, the beer was reasonably priced, and actually if you got too wet you could just get your mum to bring you home for a shower and be back on the festival site within the hour. Perfect.

Sadly the festival made a loss and hasn't been held again, but I will always have the memories of the fantastic weekend, and the photos of the quite frankly bizarre outfits I chose to wear. I think the best rule of festival fashion is that if you can't have a bit of a chuckle at your outfits when you get home, then you didn't do it right.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. like like like! Although last year I did stay in a hotel for Sonisphere and it wasn't really the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your picks but especially that bag. Swoon!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE ALL THE FESTIVAL PICS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEK - I am in love with that fur coat, a beige one has been on my wishlist a while but black goes with everything! Got to love festival photos, can you even remember them being taken? Looks like you partied it out to the max.

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha amazing, I love your festival kit list, had my eye on the fringe backpack from Nasty Gal for ages....! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CANNOT BELIEVE CALLUM HAS FEATURED ON HERE. WAA
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Due to spam I've had to disable anonymous commenting, I'm sorry.