Happy New Year to my wonderful blog readers! I hope you enjoyed last night, whether you were on a big one or just hanging out with your cat, but most of all I hope 2013 is happy, healthy, and successful for you, whatever you choose to do. I rang in 2013 by dancing to an eclectic mix of music at Funkedemia with my friends (Groove is in the Heart was the midnight song, FYI), then at 4am going to the curry mile for a saag paneer. Apparently getting a curry in the early hours of New Year's Day is a bit of a Manchester thing, which I hadn't heard of before.. that's a box ticked off now, right?
My dressing essentials for New Year's Eve are a comfy-cool dress, dancing shoes, and a coat that you're happy to throw into a cloakroom, or on a floor. I can't believe the amount of people I saw out minus outerwear last night.. maybe I'm getting old.
2012 has been a weird one for me and I've grown up tenfold. I've come to realise what is really important to me, made better friends than I have done throughout my entire life (some through this blog) and grown closer to those I loved already. I'm not a fan of resolutions - they tend to be unachievable and get broken quickly - but I do set some aims which I work towards throughout the year:
- Learn all the words to Nicki Minaj's Starships.. purely for boyfriend amusement purposes.
- Look after my mum and dad as best I can.
- Spend more time doing quality things, like seeing friends, reading novels, going to the cinema, painting & drawing, visiting galleries and museums.. and less time procrastinating (ie refreshing my Tumblr dashboard).
- Focus my efforts on getting a visual merchandising job in June. If anyone hears of any Manchester-based junior VM jobs going.. help a girl out! You can find some of my VM work & reporting under my Visual Merchandising tag or on my Portfolio page (though they need drastically updating.. that's another goal right there).
- Keep my dressing room a bit tidier, hang stuff up at the end of the day. Why is that so hard to do? Am I really fifteen years old?!
Topshop necklace & bag